From: "J. Scott Kasten" <jscottkasten@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mips] JFS on non-intel [ Was O2 Sound and Misc Stuff]
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 21:56:39
1 Alex, thanks. I read through it in detail. That finally triggered my
2 memory. There were multiple issues that affected 2.6.12 - 2.6.14.
3
4 In your case, it probably wasn't JFS specifically, but most likely an
5 interaction between JFS and the LVM layer. I never tried that feature.
6 This affected 2.6.12 and 2.6.13
7
8 http://www.arcknowledge.com/gmane.comp.file-systems.jfs.general/2005-10/msg00020.html
9
10 Here is also an interesting LWN article about the 4k page issue that came
11 out at the same time and how it affected device_mapper, LVM and such
12 things. (See the second section.)
13
14 http://lwn.net/Articles/149977/
15
16 Here's a complaint about 2.6.13 and 2.6.14 on AMD with ext3. This is just
17 an example of other complaints that were comming in.
18
19 http://lkml.org/lkml/2005/09/27/62
20
21 In short, there were multiple sources of corruption at that time and you
22 could have been bitten by any of them. Hopefully things are more settled
23 now, but I certainly will watch out for any issues.
24
25 -S-
26