From: "J. Scott Kasten" <jscottkasten@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mips] JFS on non-intel [ Was O2 Sound and Misc Stuff]
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 21:56:39
Alex, thanks.  I read through it in detail.  That finally triggered my
memory.  There were multiple issues that affected 2.6.12 - 2.6.14.

In your case, it probably wasn't JFS specifically, but most likely an
interaction between JFS and the LVM layer.  I never tried that feature.
This affected 2.6.12 and 2.6.13

Here is also an interesting LWN article about the 4k page issue that came
out at the same time and how it affected device_mapper, LVM and such
things. (See the second section.)

Here's a complaint about 2.6.13 and 2.6.14 on AMD with ext3.  This is just
an example of other complaints that were comming in.

In short, there were multiple sources of corruption at that time and you
could have been bitten by any of them.  Hopefully things are more settled
now, but I certainly will watch out for any issues.