From: Jason Pepas <cell@×××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mips] on asus wl500g
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 14:01:30
On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 09:48:34AM -0400, Stephen P. Becker wrote:
> >I put openwrt > >on it and chrooted into a > >experimental/mips/embedded/stages/stage1-mipsel-uclibc-2005.0.tar.bz2 > >tarball, with the idea of changing the profile and rebuiling. > > Ok, stop right here. Do you realize how little memory this device has? > You would be lucky to even be able to build some of the more simple > programs without some sort of ICE or out of memory error.
I have 256MB of swap enabled - it shouldn't be a problem.
> That is not even close to the correct profile for uclibc. You really > want /usr/portage/profiles/uclibc/mips
Well, I want to switch to glibc, but I couldn't get any mips3 or mips4 stages running (I think they are the wrong endian-ness). So I thought the correct thing to was grab a stage1 and change the profile. Am I going about this the wrong way? I am fairly new to gentoo.