From: Karl-Johan 'Creideiki' Karlsson <creideiki+gentoo-mips@××××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-mips] Devices on the other side of a Craylink
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 18:23:38
1 Hi,
2
3 I just acquired a rackmount Origin 2000 (2 Craylink nodes, 8 CPU:s per node).
4 When booting on the RC5 LiveCD, I can only use devices connected to the first
5 node. Linux doesn't say anything about the network interface and SCSI disks
6 connected to the second node at all. However, it uses all 16 CPU:s. Is this
7 expected? Will I have to move all the SCSI disks to the first node? Will a
8 newer kernel see everything?
9
10 Unfortunately, I don't remember if the PROM said it found all the disks when
11 it probed the SCSI buses, and I prefer not to reboot the machine without
12 being in the server room, so checking that might have to wait a day or two.
15 Karl-Johan "Creideiki" Karlsson