From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-mips] MIPS4/Big-endian/N32 Stage3 available for testing
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 17:35:48
1 I've finished MIPS4/Big-endian/N32 stages and the stage3 tarball is
2 available on my dev space [1]. Being MIPS4, it's compatible with most
3 SGI machines that Linux supports.
4
5 I'd really appreciate some testing and feedback so I can know what to
6 fix. It contains a very modern toolchain (gcc-4.5.1, glibc-2.11.2-r3,
7 binutils-2.20.1-r1) and should give you a good base system. Since it
8 uses the N32 ABI, it should be a bit faster too. :)
9
10 We don't have any modern netboot or CD images to allow you to boot
11 easily, so if you use something from /experimental/mips/, then your
12 first priority should be to get a bootloader and kernel compiled so
13 the system can be self-hosting.
14
15 So, go test!
16
17 (Also, I'm also making MIPS3/Big-endian/N32 stages for SGI systems
18 like R4k Indy and Indigo2. Little-endian stages are on the TODO list.)
19
20 Matt
21
22 [1] http://dev.gentoo.org/~mattst88/mips-stages/