From: "Stephen P. Becker" <geoman@g.o>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mips] Indigo2 IP22 [Was LiveCD RC6]
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 14:27:24
1 On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 08:58:53 -0500 (EST)
2 "J. Scott Kasten" <jscottkasten@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > Well, it may not be vaporware.
6
7 Depends on your definition of vaporware. If "doing 90% of the
8 work and then refusing to release the code because he never quite
9 finishes any fucking project and is embarrased by his code" qualifies,
10 then yes, it is vaporware. This guy has a history of doing exactly
11 this, and it is extremely frustrating. Also, he absolutely refuses to
12 provide the patch if you ask him directly.
15 > http://www.tal.org/~milang/o2/
16 >
17 > Got to this site. It's mostly O2 stuff, but if you look carefully in
18 > his screen shots, there are two that are supposedly of this FB
19 > console for extreme. One shows text, another a floating boxes
20 > animation.
21
22 That is indeed onion's site.
25 > Go into his kernel directory, and you can download the IP22 kernel
26 > ready to run.
27
28 Yes, I have tested this kernel and it does indeed work. Again though,
29 no code...
32 > I looked carefully through all his patches and links. The extreme
33 > patch is not to be found. I don't even see an email for this
34 > "milang" fellow. However, interestingly, some of the kernel config
35 > files are labled "onion".
36 >
37 > If we get lucky, the right search terms in the world brain (google)
38 > might just yeild fruit. I'll keep poking at it.
39
40 No, it won't. If there isn't a patch on onion's site, then there isn't
41 a patch anywhere (unless by chance somebody else independently wrote a
42 patch and then never bothered to announce it to the linux-mips
43 community).
44
45 -Steve