From: Michael Renner <robe@××××××.at>
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mirrors] some 2004.3 housecleaning
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 16:15:31
Jeffrey Forman wrote:
> > should give yall some more breathing room. i plan to move the 2004.1 > files to historical after i try to figure out how we did hard links > before. if any of you have a clue, how do i use hardlinks to move 2004.1 > release material to /historical without making you re-download all the > things? suggestions appreciated since none of us at gentoo can remember.
Without ever having done something similiar before I think it works like that: *) ensure, that all people are syncing with the -H (preserve hardlinks) option. *) hardlink all the soon-to-be-(re)moved isos to the appropriate directories in historical *) Hope that the -H option in rsync actually works. *) Wait a few hours/days/weeks till all people have synced the distfiles tree *) remove the hardlinks in the releases dir. best regards, michael -- gentoo-mirrors@g.o mailing list