From: "Aivars Šterns" <atoms@××××××××.lv>
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mirrors] ATTN: Gentoo Portage mirrors, please change your sync target
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 10:09:55
1 gentoo.tups.lv changed.
2 --
3 Respectfully Aivars Šterns
4 phone: +371 26150528
5 mailto:aivars.sterns@××××××.lv
6 http://ambero.lv
7 skype: Atomsis
11 On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 5:00 AM, Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o> wrote:
12 > Hello,
13 >
14 > *** If you manage a Gentoo Portage mirror, please change the config to sync
15 > from "masterportage.gentoo.org" instead of rsync1.us. You can use the A or
16 > AAAA record at your discretion. ***
17 >
18 > As you know, up to now, we've asked new Gentoo Portage mirrors to sync from
19 > rsync1.us.gentoo.org. This was mainly for historical reasons. However, we
20 > would like to use rsync1.us as a community mirror entry someday and create
21 > similar DNS entries for distfiles and portage. (masterdistfiles &
22 > masterportage).
23 >
24 > Thanks again for your continued support of Gentoo Linux,
25 > Jeremy