From: Martin Eisenhardt <martin.eisenhardt@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mirrors] Gentoo Linux 2007.0 and BitTorrent
Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 06:58:47
Hello Robin,
hello list,

On Friday 04 May 2007 03:44:06 Robin H. Johnson wrote:
> BitTorrent-only: > 3.7G livedvd-amd64-installer-2007.0/ > 3.8G livedvd-i686-installer-2007.0/ > > If you're interested in direct BitTorrent seeding (esp. for the above > two, even if you aren't seeding anything else), please give me a shout > so that I can arrange to get them to you.
Shout. :-D I am interested in seeding the new DVD images, although not at the 50 Mbps you mentioned in your posting. But a few Mbps might help as well, I guess ...
> For part two of the HTTP-seeding (eg making the BT clients actually use > the mirrors), I'd like to know which of the experimental mirrors are > interested in being used for HTTP seeding. > > Your webservers will need to support HTTP Range requests for this to > work. The BitTorrent clients will send range requests for 32K..256K > blocks (powers of two only).
Assuming that a vanilla Apache 2.0 supports range requests (which it does, AFAIK), I would like to volunteer for that as well. Just contact me with the details about how to get the files and what information you need. Kind regards Martin Eisenhardt --- GnuPG key: 3BBC EBB2 4A36 D2AD E636 556F 30D9 0EE4 C7F1 C1CF