From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-mirrors] Source mirror URL update: rsync://masterdistfiles.gentoo.org/gentoo
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2020 15:49:45
1 TL;DR: All source mirrors need to confirm/update the distfile fetch URL
2 for mirroring, to rsync://masterdistfiles.gentoo.org/gentoo/
3
4 Hi,
5
6 Recently the USSG group at Indiana University discontinued their rsync
7 mirror, they have provided service for many years, but had to
8 discontinue it. Their mirror was specifically the initial mirror covered
9 in the Source mirror documentation, and then as mirrors joined, you were
10 provided with the private URL & credentials.
11
12 The Gentoo mirrorstats page shows that multiple mirrors stopped updating
13 around the same time (2020/01/22). I count 7 distinct mirrors right now,
14 and I'll be further following up with them.
15
16 OSUOSL has adjusted configuration on their mirror to no longer require
17 authentication, and the documentation has been updated to reflect that,
18 however now we need all mirrors to ensure their configuration is
19 updated.
20
21 Documentation:
22 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Infrastructure/Mirrors/Sourc
23
24 The updated rsync fetch URL for all source mirrors is
25 rsync://masterdistfiles.gentoo.org/gentoo/
26
27 P.S. As a further reminder, could all mirrors please ensure that they
28 have HTTPS enabled and serving correctly for their URLs.
31 Robin Hugh Johnson
32 Gentoo Linux: Dev, Infra Lead, Foundation Treasurer
33 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
34 GnuPG FP : 11ACBA4F 4778E3F6 E4EDF38E B27B944E 34884E85
35 GnuPG FP : 7D0B3CEB E9B85B1F 825BCECF EE05E6F6 A48F6136