From: Jeffrey Forman <jforman@g.o>
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Cc: Tim Yamin <plasmaroo@g.o>, Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>, gentoo-infrastructure@l.g.o, pr@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-mirrors] RELEASE gentoo linux 2006.0
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 03:32:27
1 Hello fellow gentoo mirror admins,
2
3 I want to announce that in the coming few hours I will begin staging the
4 2006.0 release of gentoo linux. Directory sizes are below. I will be
5 cleaning out old releases in the /releases directory at the same time
6 and moving older things over to /releases/historical/ for those who do
7 choose to mirror that (you can exclude historical).
8
9 There will also be files going into experimental, which I will be
10 mirroring the day before I release. I plan for a 0000 UTC Monday
11 release, at which time you should have all the bits and be ready to have
12 your "bits flipped" so the world can see. Please do keep this
13 information private as we are planning a coordinated release across the
14 board this time with our PR folks.
15
16 If you have any concerns, please post them on this ML or /join
17 #gentoo-mirrors on irc.freenode.org.
18
19 Thanks so much for your continued support.
20
21 -Jeffrey
22
23 Release direcotory sizes:
24 jforman@poseidon /release/2006.0/releases $ du -sh *
25 755M alpha
26 1.5G amd64
27 715M hppa
28 228M ia64
29 4.9G ppc
30 1.3G sparc
31 1.5G x86
32
33 Experimental directory sizes:
34 (although these might change as things are still being built)
35 jforman@poseidon /release/2006.0/experimental $ du -sh *
36 862M amd64
37 8.0K arm
38 218M mips