From: Francisco Javier Lloreda Sanchez <franllo@×××××××××.es>
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mirrors] Re: Gentoo Distfiles Mirror Instructions
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 06:18:03
1 Same proble here at linuv.uv.es. Some times I have only 50Kb/s!!!
2
3 Francisco.
4
5 El Miércoles, 27 de Octubre de 2004 00:59, Matt Lorimer escribió:
6 > I have a new mirror, and set up my mirror following the instructions
7 > that were sent to me. I use the following command:
8 > rsync --quiet --recursive --links --perms --times --devices --delete
9 > --timeout=300 gentoo@××××××××××××××××××××××.org::gentoo
10 > /array01/mirrors/gentoo
11 >
12 > I did this and noticed that my rsync was going painfully slow (i.e.
13 > taking several minutes per package). Since it has not completed a sync
14 > in days, I stopped the sync and ran my old sync script (using
15 > ibiblio.org). It is syncing just as fast as ever. This is not a
16 > bandwidth issue on my end according to all of the tests I have run. I
17 > ran traceroute and got a successful route to rsync.osuosl.org with ~52
18 > ms ping times. There is not much latency between the machine and
19 > myself, but the syncing is absurdly slow. Am I doing something wrong?
20 > Is there anything that can be done about this? Any help you can offer
21 > would be great.
22 >
23 > Matt
24 >
25 > --
26 > gentoo-mirrors@g.o mailing list
29 Linux localhost 2.6.8-gentoo-r3 #6 Wed Oct 6 16:31:23 CEST 2004 i686 AMD
30 Duron(tm) processor AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux