From: "Adrian Sándor" <aditsu@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mirrors] Rsync errors
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2017 21:50:12
1 On 22/08/2017 05:23, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > Could you clarify which mirror is yours, and what IPs it would be
3 > connecting from?
4 Sure, my mirror is at http://gentoo.aditsu.net[:8000] in HK.
5 IP address is 59.148.208.52
6
7 > masterdistfiles.gentoo.org is actually OSL's rsync.osuosl.org, and they
8 > fetch distfiles from the real master (which has lower disk bandwidth).
9 >
10 > The 'gentoo.osuosl.org' entry on the bottom of the distfile mirror
11 > status is the same server, and I don't see any problems there right now.
12 If it's the same server, then I would surely expect it to be always in
13 sync with itself. The problem is I can't seem to sync with it.
14 I tried to rsync again now, and it ran without errors but finished
15 within a few seconds. When not running in quiet mode, I can see a
16 message saying "Unauthorized use is prohibited" etc.
17
18 Adrian