From: Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mirrors] Incredibly slow rsync from masterdistfiles.gentoo.org
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 17:00:36
On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 14:38:43 +0000, Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>
wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 12:44:20 +0100, Martin Eisenhardt > <martin.eisenhardt@×××××××.org> wrote: >> Hi everyone, >> >> I am (i.e. gentoo.mneisen.org is) currenty experiencing a seriously >> slow rsync from masterdistfiles.gentoo.org. The maximum bandwidth I >> get is about 11 k/s (ca. 90 kbit). >> >> The problem started around 0900 UTC. >> >> Connections to other sites are fine. >> >> Can anyone reproduce this, or is this a problem on my end (but then >> again, connection speed to other sites *are* fine). >> >> >> Regards >> Martin > > Martin (and others), > Thanks for reporting. I am following up with the issue now. I will
report
> back later today. > > -Jeremy
All - I am able to pull 700K/s on my home ISP connection in the USA. If you are still having slow speeds then please provide a traceroute from your host that you are trying to sync from. To those of you that are having connection timeouts. If it is still happening then we need to see what IP you are getting from 'host masterdistfiles.gentoo.org' and what your IP address is that is timing out. If you previously had issues and they are resolved now, please say what your issue was and if it is resolved now. Thanks for your help, Jeremy