From: Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o>
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mirrors] ATTN: Gentoo Portage mirrors, please change your sync target
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 18:03:35
Greg Cornell <Greg.Cornell@××××××××××.edu> said:
> Hi Jeremy, > > > *** If you manage a Gentoo Portage mirror, please change the config to > > sync from "masterportage.gentoo.org" instead of rsync1.us. You can use > > the A or AAAA record at your discretion. *** > > > I get the following now when I try to sync: > > @ERROR: access denied to gentoo-portage from fry.wallawalla.edu (192.147.172.161) > rsync error: error starting client-server protocol (code 5) at main.c(1296) [receiver=2.6.8]
As far as I can see, you are currently a distfiles mirror only, so you should continue using masterdistfiles.gentoo.org. If you want to become a portage mirror as well, please open a bug so we can process the request. Thanks, -- Mark Loeser email - halcy0n AT gentoo DOT org email - mark AT halcy0n DOT com web - http://www.halcy0n.com