From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Carlos Carvalho <carlos@×××××××××××.br>, gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Cc: infrastructure <infrastructure@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mirrors] New distfile mirror deployment: hardlinks or symlinks?
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2019 10:05:33
1 On Tue, 2019-10-08 at 10:36 -0300, Carlos Carvalho wrote:
2 > Michał Górny (mgorny@g.o) wrote on Tue, Oct 08, 2019 at 12:33:52AM -03:
3 > > TL;DR: shortly, distfiles will need to be present under two paths for
4 > > the transitional period. Would you prefer us using hardlinks or
5 > > symlinks for that?
6 >
7 > We (gentoo.c3sl.ufpr.br) prefer symlinks.
8 >
9 > BTW, I think we're a packages mirror now, we'd be happy to also be a distfile.
10 > How can we proceed to do it? Is it interesting for the community?
11
12 I'm sorry for replying this late. I had hoped somebody more
13 knowledgeable about the process would answer.
14
15 I think the relevant documentation is at:
16
17 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Infrastructure/Mirrors/Source
18
19 I can't talk for the whole community but I think they would appreciate
20 every new mirror ;-).
23 Best regards,
24 Michał Górny