From: Matt Lorimer <lorimer@××××××.edu>
To: Jeffrey Forman <jforman@g.o>, gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-mirrors] Re: Gentoo Distfiles Mirror Instructions
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 22:59:26
1 I have a new mirror, and set up my mirror following the instructions
2 that were sent to me. I use the following command:
3 rsync --quiet --recursive --links --perms --times --devices --delete
4 --timeout=300 gentoo@××××××××××××××××××××××.org::gentoo
5 /array01/mirrors/gentoo
6
7 I did this and noticed that my rsync was going painfully slow (i.e.
8 taking several minutes per package). Since it has not completed a sync
9 in days, I stopped the sync and ran my old sync script (using
10 ibiblio.org). It is syncing just as fast as ever. This is not a
11 bandwidth issue on my end according to all of the tests I have run. I
12 ran traceroute and got a successful route to rsync.osuosl.org with ~52
13 ms ping times. There is not much latency between the machine and
14 myself, but the syncing is absurdly slow. Am I doing something wrong?
15 Is there anything that can be done about this? Any help you can offer
16 would be great.
17
18 Matt
21 gentoo-mirrors@g.o mailing list