From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mirrors] The usual errors
Date: Sat, 05 May 2007 11:55:21
On Sat, May 05, 2007 at 02:48:03AM -0700, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
> There's something weird going on with the file ownership between the > masterdistfile machine and your mirrors, and I can't reliably reproduce > it :-(.
When it's not possible to reliably reproduce an error, why is it that DNS always seems to be lurking as a partial culprit? Thanks to Fantec, masatsugu I managed to trace down where the problems (two seperate, and unrelated ones) are, and I've reported it to the correct channels. For a workaround in the meantime, could everybody pulling the /releases/ material please make a minor modification to their cronjobs that fetch the content? Change the host you are connecting to from '' to ''. -- Robin Hugh Johnson Gentoo Linux Developer & Council Member E-Mail : robbat2@g.o GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-mirrors] The usual errors "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>