From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mirrors] The usual errors
Date: Sat, 05 May 2007 11:55:21
1 On Sat, May 05, 2007 at 02:48:03AM -0700, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > There's something weird going on with the file ownership between the
3 > masterdistfile machine and your mirrors, and I can't reliably reproduce
4 > it :-(.
5 When it's not possible to reliably reproduce an error, why is it that
6 DNS always seems to be lurking as a partial culprit?
7
8 Thanks to Fantec, masatsugu I managed to trace down where the problems
9 (two seperate, and unrelated ones) are, and I've reported it to the
10 correct channels.
11
12 For a workaround in the meantime, could everybody pulling the /releases/
13 material please make a minor modification to their cronjobs that fetch
14 the content?
15 Change the host you are connecting to from 'masterdistfiles.gentoo.org'
16 to 'rsync-i2.gentoo.org'.
19 Robin Hugh Johnson
20 Gentoo Linux Developer & Council Member
21 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
22 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85