From: Lior Kaplan <webmaster@×××××××××.il>
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mirrors] Gentoo rsync version/OS question
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 18:08:42
1 Krzysztof Raczkowski wrote:
2 > Dnia poniedzia³ek, 1 maja 2006 21:06, Jeffrey Forman napisa³:
3 >
4 >> Are there any of you who have upgraded to rsync-2.6.8 on a system NOT
5 >> RUNNING GENTOO who have seen the issue (connection unexpectedly closed)
6 >> go away?
7 >
8 > Solaris 10, pkgsrc 2006-Q1 (NetBSD ports) and rsync-2.6.7 - no errors while
9 > syncing with masterdistfiles, but people reported me errors while syncing
10 > with my mirror.
11 >
12 > After upgrade to rsync-2.6.8 from pkgsrc-current these errors seems to go
13 > away.
14
15 Not exactly what you asked for, but upgrading to rsync 2.6.7 on debian
16 sarge did the work for me with gentoo-portage syncing (it might also be
17 your upgrades of rsyncd).
18
19 Thanks for solving that problem. Now I can give a better service for my
20 users.
24 Lior Kaplan
25 kaplanlior@×××××.com
26 http://www.Guides.co.il