From: Jeffrey Forman <jforman@g.o>
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Cc: wolf31o2@g.o, plasmaroo@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-mirrors] It is that time again, Gentoo Linux 2006.1
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 16:58:29
1 Greetings to all the admins,
2
3 You might have been wondering where I've been since I've been quite
4 inactive lately. It is due to a new job, new surroundings, and more than
5 I'd like to admit, a significant other. Be that as it may, I am pleased to
6 announce that I will be begin staging the latest release of gentoo linux
7 in the coming several hours and days. Please do keep this information
8 private as we would like to pre-stage our mirrors with the minimum of fuss
9 before we go public with our newest release.
10
11 I have attached a file listing of what the mirror layout should be, along
12 with the requisite file sizes.
13
14 609M alpha
15 948M amd64
16 774M hppa
17 227M ia64
18 384M mips
19 6.2G ppc
20 28M snapshots
21 346M sparc
22 916M x86
23
24 Our sparc team is in the final stages of preparation, and as such, their
25 release will vary by as much as 50MB. I will push these architectures out
26 one by one, smaller ones first, an ending with the biggies. In several
27 days time I will send another email checking to make sure all files were
28 transferred properly and ensure that we are all ready for the surge of
29 traffic that accompanies a release.
30
31 Thanks so much for your continued support, Gentoo truly appreciates it.
32
33 Regards,
34 Jeffrey
41 Jeffrey Forman
42 Gentoo Infrastructure
43 Gentoo Release Engineering
44 Bugs.Gentoo.org Administrator
45 jforman@g.o

gentoo-release-2006.1-dirstructure.txt text/plain