From: Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mirrors] rsync processes
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 17:50:56
1 On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 12:25 PM, Adrian Sandor <aditsu@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi, from time to time I notice that I have some rsync processes (with masterdistfiles) that never seem to finish, they keep on running for days (and multiple instances are running in parallel).
4 > I've been killing them manually, is there a better way? Or how can I prevent this from happening?
5 > Thanks
6 > Adrian
7
8 Hello,
9
10 There is a tip on the bottom of the rsync document[1] to kill rsync
11 processes. Are you using masterdistfiles-us or -eu? It will probably
12 help to pick the one closest to you.
13
14 -Jeremy
15