From: Scott Kveton <kveton@×××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-mirrors] Updates to master distfile mirror ...
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 23:27:05
1 Hey Everybody,
2
3 The Open Source Lab currently provides the master distfiles mirror for
4 the Gentoo Linux project. We've recently completed an upgrade to our
5 network and mirror infrastructure that allow us to split rsync services out
6 from our general mirror (ftp, http, etc). This will allow us to avoid
7 problems with users competing with mirrors in the future.
8
9 In talking with the Gentoo infrastructure team it seems like it makes
10 sense to have folks pointing at an gentoo.org address. To that end, we
11 are proposing that folks please point at masterdistfiles.gentoo.org to
12 sync with distfiles. Use the same credentials as before with
13 rsync.osuosl.org and ftp.oregonstate.edu.
14
15 I will be moving the rsync.osuosl.org name to the new machine very soon
16 so most of you will not have to change anything (although you should
17 point at masterdistfiles.gentoo.org if you can). We will be disabling
18 rsync access to ftp.oregonstate.edu|ftp.osuosl.org in the coming days so
19 if you sync to that address it will FAIL. We'll leave a dummy rsync up
20 in place with a modified MOTD to explain to folks what has changed.
21
22 Let me know if you have any questions/comments/concerns,
23
24 Scott :-)
27 gentoo-mirrors@g.o mailing list