From: rsync <rsync@××××××××.uk>
To: "gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o" <gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o>
Subject: RE: [gentoo-mirrors] ATTN: Gentoo Portage mirrors, please change your sync target
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 11:09:20
1 I'm getting the following:
2
3 Started update at Tue Jun 15 10:00:01 UTC 2010
4 @ERROR: access denied to gentoo-portage from rsync.star.net.uk (2a00:ed0:1::873)
5 rsync error: error starting client-server protocol (code 5) at main.c(1506) [Receiver=3.0.7]
6 End: Tue Jun 15 10:00:04 UTC 2010
7
8 So I'm guessing we need to be added to the ACL too?
9
10 Cheers,
11 Jon
12
13 -----Original Message-----
14 From: Jeremy Olexa [mailto:darkside@g.o]
15 Sent: 14 June 2010 03:00
16 To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
17 Subject: [gentoo-mirrors] ATTN: Gentoo Portage mirrors, please change your sync target
18
19 Hello,
20
21 *** If you manage a Gentoo Portage mirror, please change the config to
22 sync from "masterportage.gentoo.org" instead of rsync1.us. You can use
23 the A or AAAA record at your discretion. ***
24
25 As you know, up to now, we've asked new Gentoo Portage mirrors to sync
26 from rsync1.us.gentoo.org. This was mainly for historical reasons.
27 However, we would like to use rsync1.us as a community mirror entry
28 someday and create similar DNS entries for distfiles and portage.
29 (masterdistfiles & masterportage).
30
31 Thanks again for your continued support of Gentoo Linux,
32 Jeremy
36 This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.
37 For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email
39
40 Star Technology Services Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registered office at Brighouse Court, Barnett Way, Barnwood, Gloucester GL4 3RT. Company Number 3077786, VAT Number 810943641. The information in this email is confidential and is intended solely for the addressee. The contents are not to be disclosed to anyone other than the addressee and access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. Unauthorised recipients are requested to preserve the confidentiality of this email and to advise the sender immediately of any error in transmission. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance upon the contents of this email by unauthorised recipients is prohibited and may be unlawful.