From: Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o>
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mirrors] Please whitelist mirrorstats.gentoo.org
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 16:03:21
1 mirror-maintainer@×××××××××××××.net said:
2 > On Sun, 21 Mar 2010, Mark Loeser wrote:
3 >
4 >> Please make sure that you have mirrorstats.gentoo.org in your whitelists
5 >> for your mirrors. It is a CNAME that points to the machine we have
6 >> monitoring all of the mirrors, so please only check that
7 >> mirrorstats.gentoo.org resolves to who is connecting. If the IP is blocked
8 >> by your mirror, it makes our monitoring much more difficult.
9 >
10 > Mark,
11 >
12 > Does the IP change frequently / at all? What you're asking for is
13 > atypical...
14
15 All good points. I obviously wasn't thinking it through when I sent the
16 email originally :) It should be magpie.gentoo.org for the forseeable
17 future. Should we change it, I'll let the list know.
21 Mark Loeser
22 email - halcy0n AT gentoo DOT org
23 email - mark AT halcy0n DOT com
24 web - http://www.halcy0n.com