From: carlos@fisica.ufpr.br (Carlos Carvalho)
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mirrors] Incredibly slow rsync from masterdistfiles.gentoo.org
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 20:29:12
1 Jeremy Olexa (darkside@g.o) wrote on 30 October 2009 19:34:
2 >On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 10:36:26 +0100, Martin Eisenhardt
3 ><martin.eisenhardt@×××××××.org> wrote:
4 >> Hi Jeremy, hi list,
5 >>
6 >> On 28.10.2009, at 18:00, Jeremy Olexa wrote:
7 >>> If you are still having slow speeds then please provide a traceroute
8 >>> from your host that
9 >>> you are trying to sync from.
10 >>
11 >> Sadly, my issue is still unresolved. If there is anything I can do to
12 >> help you find the error and fix this problem, please let me know.
13 >
14 >Martin,
15 >Support from OSU (our source for masterdistfiles) said that there was some
16 >problems in the past week with their DNS view. This may or may not be
17 >related but they say that since you are getting the 140. address (which is
18 >routed for people on I2) then there should not be any speed issues. Here,
19 >they recommend to ask your upstream provider if they are having routing
20 >issues to masterdistfiles or any other limitations. Additionally,
21 >recommended to post the output of "mtr masterdistfiles.gentoo.org" as that
22 >might provide some better clues.
23
24 Martin said that some files went fast and others slowly, so it doesn't
25 seem to be a dns problem.
26
27 Also, this week (on Tuesday), the same problems were seen in the
28 connection from osu to Europe. They delayed the rsync of the new
29 release of mozilla, to the point that the release was postponed by
30 several hours.