From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mirrors] some portage mirrors are refusing rsync connection
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 20:01:59
1 On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 11:58:56AM +0200, Adrian Reber wrote:
2 > I have trouble with a few portage master mirrors I am connecting to.
3 >
4 > I am syncing my mirror from rsync.gentoo.org and most of the time it
5 > works... But not always, it looks like I am added to some temporary
6 > blacklist.
7 Yes, you're ending up on the abuse detection blacklist.
8
9 > Here is an overview of my rsync attempts:
10 > http://ftp-stud.hs-esslingen.de/info/status.php4?details=47
11 > I am mirroring gentoo-portage every 30 minutes. Is this still the right
12 > interval?
13 It's the use of the wrong tier. The rsync.g.o rotation is intended for
14 users that don't want to fetch from a community-provided mirror.
15
16 You should be syncing against rsync1.gentoo.org. I don't see your IP on
17 the whitelist, so please file a bug for mirror-admins to get you on
18 there.
21 Robin Hugh Johnson
22 Gentoo Linux Developer & Infra Guy
23 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
24 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85