From: Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mirrors] New mirror applications are closed until 02-2010
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2010 21:03:08
On Sat, 05 Dec 2009 13:11:07 -0600, Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>
wrote:
> Hello mirror-admins, > > The Gentoo mirror-admin team will officially close applications for new > mirrors starting today. In Feb 2010, we will re-evaluate if we need more
> mirrors or not. > > We want to give time for new projects. A few of those are: > > - Deploy new mirrorstats.gentoo.org/{,rsync} > - Handle ipv6 mirrors better. New rotations, etc. > > Thanks, > Jeremy
Well, it is now February already. I will go through the backlog of mirror requests and start adding new mirrors again. It is only myself in this effort so please be patient :) Some outstanding issues remain: - New deployment of mirrorstats.gentoo.org has been delayed. I will send out an announcement here and on planet.gentoo.org when we get that deployed fully. - "Missing timestamp.chk" issue which was reported on this mailing list. I will try to track that down soon. We have already looked at it and the issue is non-obvious. Time to dig deeper. - IPv6 rotations. Expect more communication soon regarding how to better serve you and our end users. On the positive note, I did get a new gentoo-portage rsync mirrors listing available online at: http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/mirrors-rsync.xml - It has all the mirrors listed, but there is still some formatting changes I want to make. Eventually, we will put this link on the main gentoo.org website too. Thanks again for all of your hardware & bandwidth donations! -Jeremy