From: Alex Howells <astinus@g.o>
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mirrors] [FIXED] Issues with rsync1.us.gentoo.org
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 17:39:49
1 On 25/12/2007, Shyam Mani <fox2mike@g.o> wrote:
2 [snip]
3 > As a result a good number of community mirrors might have gotten an
4 > empty portage tree.
5 >
6 > We have identified the cause and fixed the issue, so if you had an empty
7 > tree, it'll be fixed during the next sync.
8 [/snip]
9
10 .. and we're sorry for any inconvenience or increased bandwidth spikes
11 which may result from it being broken :( We'll be looking at why the
12 alarms didn't trigger and scream, "RED ALERT!" or something
13 appropriately similar.
14
15 Hopefully that'll be the last of the issues for this year, roll on New
16 Year 2008!
17
18 Warm Regards,
19 Alex Howells