From: Rob Baxter <burn@××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mirrors] Downloading Gentoo 2004.2 via bittorrent and ftp
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 23:29:47
1 Gentoo themselves has already made torrent's available directly. It
2 would make more sense in my opinion to seed the offical torrent if you
3 have the bandwidth to spare.
4 http://torrents.gentoo.org/torrents/
5
6 Rob Baxter
7
8 Michael Imhof wrote:
9 > Hi all,
12 > Foerderverein Gentoo e.V. is proud to offer various
13 > possibilities to download all files of the brand new release:
14 >
15 > - Via bittorrent:
16 > Go to http://tracker.netdomination.org , it carries ALL release files
17 > (means the ones from the official mirrors and the ones only distributed
18 > via bt).
19 >
20 > - Via ftp:
21 > To make it easier for peoply who don't want or who can't use bittorrent
22 > we also offer a ftp server that carries ALL release files (as stated
23 > above the ones from the official mirrors and the ones "only" distributed
24 > via bt).
25 > The url to the ftp space is: ftp://ftp2.stw-bonn.de/pub/mirror/gentoo/
28 > Feel free to set up mirrors using the files provided above.
29 > For ftp mirrors please be so kind and give us the url so we can publish it.
30 > If you want to help us with bt just download whatever files you want and
31 > don't close your client after the download is complete.
34 > Have fun with the new release!
35 > Choice to the user!
38 > Regards
39 > Michael Imhof