From: "Benjamin Indermühle" <mirrormaster@××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mirrors] webrsync
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 09:14:29
I guess your answer was :
set up a source mirror over http.

I just set that up.
I guess i get on the list by reporting the new service on
I will add it to the bug report of the server.

Now, i was able to take a look at the var you where talking about.
There are FTP servers int that VAR too.

Does that means that you dont have to set up an http source mirror ?
or is emerge-webrsync syncing over the ftp source mirrors too ?

---- i have asked you that question in the last mail...

my questions were so simple.
There is emerge-webrsync which makes people behind a firewall able to sync
there portrage tree.
How do I have to set the mirror server in order to offer that ?
How do I get onto the list of the servers which offer that?

the answer would have been
set up any kind of source mirror ( ftp or http )

I just try to get that right, just in case anybody searche the thread for
simluar information.

You have to keep in mind that there are mirrors which are only mirroring
gentoo and not use it on there machines. Its important for them to know HOW
to set up the mirror, not which information is stored where on the client box.
or how you are able to maniuplate those settings.

On Tuesday 02 November 2004 13.57, Kurt Lieber wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 01:50:12PM +0100 or thereabouts, Benjamin Inderm?hle
> > and id like to know what i have to do, to offer > > emerge-webrsync > > There is no documentation on that. > > The only http shares i find on your site > > > > are source_mirrors > > so do i have to set up a source mirror over http in order to provide > > emerge-webrsync ?? > > Yes, because emerge-webrsync uses your GENTOO_MIRRORS setting in > /etc/make.conf to determine where to get its data from. There is no > separate variable for that. (Granted, emerge-webrsync can be hacked very > easily to support a different server, but it currently doesn't do that by > default.) > > --kurt
-- *~*~* *~*~* We are connecting the world ! *~*~* *~*~* SolNet - Internet Solution Provider Bechburgstrasse 29, 4528 Zuchwil, Switzerland Phone: +41 32 686 82 82, Fax: +41 32 685 96 13 WWW: - E-Mail:mirrormaster@××××××.ch *~*~* *~*~* *~*~* *~*~* *~*~* *~*~* *~*~* *~*~* *~*~*~* -- gentoo-mirrors@g.o mailing list