From: Jeffrey Forman <jforman@g.o>
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-mirrors] RELEASE gentoo linux 2004.3 upcoming
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 16:09:51
Howdy admins,

it's that time again, Gentoo Linux 2004.3 is slated to go public on
November 15th, barring any unforseen circumstances.

I've got file size expectations for the release:
818M    experimental
9.1G    releases

i am going to start pushing the files out to you in the next 24 hours,
doing the same bit-flip method we used for the last release. you will
get the files, but they will only be readable to the appropriate daemon
user. on the 15th, I will flip the permissions, you will sync as usual,
and it will be officially released to the wild.

as usual, i will be in #gentoo-mirrors on to handle any
questions/concerns you might have. if you experience any slowness be
sure to alert me, and i can discuss this with our admin at to handle that.

once again, thanks for all your help. without our mirror admins over the
world, Gentoo would not be possible.

Jeffrey Forman
Gentoo Infrastructure
Gentoo Release Engin.