From: Jeffrey Forman <jforman@g.o>
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-mirrors] RELEASE gentoo linux 2004.3 upcoming
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 16:09:51
1 Howdy admins,
2
3 it's that time again, Gentoo Linux 2004.3 is slated to go public on
4 November 15th, barring any unforseen circumstances.
5
6 I've got file size expectations for the release:
7 818M experimental
8 9.1G releases
9
10 i am going to start pushing the files out to you in the next 24 hours,
11 doing the same bit-flip method we used for the last release. you will
12 get the files, but they will only be readable to the appropriate daemon
13 user. on the 15th, I will flip the permissions, you will sync as usual,
14 and it will be officially released to the wild.
15
16 as usual, i will be in #gentoo-mirrors on irc.gentoo.org to handle any
17 questions/concerns you might have. if you experience any slowness be
18 sure to alert me, and i can discuss this with our admin at
19 masterdistfiles.gentoo.org to handle that.
20
21 once again, thanks for all your help. without our mirror admins over the
22 world, Gentoo would not be possible.
23
24 Thanks!
25 Jeffrey