From: Lei Zhang <zhanglei.april@×××××.com>
To: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
Cc: soc-admins@g.o, gentoo-musl@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-musl] Re: [GSoC] native-clang: daily report 07/01
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2016 12:27:31
1 2016-07-04 17:55 GMT+08:00 Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>:
2 > On 04/07/16 11:03, Lei Zhang wrote:
3 >> Or alternatively: replace libcxxrt with libc++abi in portage repo, and
4 >> always install libc++ and libc++abi together, just as clang and LLVM
5 >> do.
6 >>
7 >> Which makes sense more?
8 >
9 > The libc++ + libc++abi is less nice but probably more straightforward.
10
11 Actually the current ebuild for libc++ supports both libcxxrt and
12 libsupc++ (part of libstdc++) as the ABI library. Which one to use is
13 controlled by USE flag "libcxxrt". If libc++ is already installed
14 without this flag, installing libcxxrt afterwards will have no impact,
15 which is similar to my first proposal.
16
17 Perhaps we could add another USE flag "libc++abi"; which one of the
18 three ABI libraries to use is then controlled by users.
21 Lei