From: Felix Janda <felix.janda@××××××.de>
To: Lei Zhang <zhanglei.april@×××××.com>
Cc: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>, gentoo-musl@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-musl] [GSoC] _GNU_SOURCE in C++
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 09:57:10
1 Lei Zhang wrote:
2 > 2016-06-14 16:10 GMT+08:00 Felix Janda <felix.janda@××××××.de>:
3 > > Take a look at the discussion at
4 > >
5 > > http://www.openwall.com/lists/musl/2014/04/15/3
6 >
7 > And some view from the LLVM side:
8 >
9 > http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.compilers.clang.devel/46390
10
11 Thanks for the pointer.
12
13 http://www.openwall.com/lists/musl/2014/04/15/5
14
15 gives the reasons why musl is using macros and cannot easily use
16 symbol aliases (as suggested in the mail you've linked to).
17
18 Several questions on the thread on the llvm list have been left
19 unanswered. I think it would make sense to reopen the discussion.
20
21 > IMHO, the real problem is the abuse of _GNU_SOURCE by C++ compiler.
22 > The decisions made by LLVM and musl both look reasonable to me.
23
24 That's a real problem, but I guess also a difficult one to fix.
25
26 Felix