From: Lei Zhang <zhanglei.april@×××××.com>
To: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
Cc: soc-admins@g.o, gentoo-musl@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-musl] Re: [GSoC] native-clang: daily report 07/18
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 02:47:20
1 2016-07-18 21:34 GMT+08:00 Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>:
2 > On 18/07/16 13:24, Lei Zhang wrote:
3 >> Plan for today:
4 >> - build a stage4
5 >>
6 >> Progress:
7 >> - (thanks to jmbsvicetto's advice on #gentoo-releng) install clang and
8 >> related libs in a vanilla musl stage3, make clang the default
9 >> compiler, try to rebuild @world, fix packages that fail, and build a
10 >> stage4 based on that customized stage3
11 >
12 > You should blog about that :)
15 >> Surprisingly, when rebuilding @world with the native clang, only two
16 >> packages failed: iproute2 and llvm itself, which are not hard to fix
17 >> :)
20 >> This fix doesn't affect the functionality of clang. I may
21 >> revisit this issue later and see how llvm's libunwind work.
22 >
23 > Make it a note since this is quite important.
24
25 I modified llvm's ebuild so this fix is applied only when certain
26 local USE flags are disabled (lli & shared-libs), and they are enabled
27 by default. Is that OK?
30 Lei