From: Lei Zhang <zhanglei.april@×××××.com>
To: Jens Staal <staal1978@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-musl@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-musl] [GSoC] native-clang: daily report 06/29
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 09:24:36
1 2016-06-30 16:59 GMT+08:00 Jens Staal <staal1978@×××××.com>:
2 > On onsdag 29 juni 2016 kl. 23:52:38 CEST Lei Zhang wrote:
3 >> 1. How do I tell catalyst to compile the kernel with gcc, while
4 >> compile user space stuff with clang? Is this achievable by simply
5 >> creating a customized profile (likely based on hardened musl)?
6 >
7 > Alternatively, make a package with patches from www.llvmlinux.org and not ship
8 > gcc at all in the stage 3 musl/clang/libc++ tarball?
9
10 Thanks for mentioning it. I have considered that option. To do that
11 both clang and the kernel need patching and I have no idea how well
12 they work. For now I prefer the lazy route: just use gcc to compile
13 the kernel.
14
15 BTW, I've met with some packages that simply won't be built by clang
16 due to its lack of support for some GNU extensions, so I'm really not
17 sure if it's wise to not ship gcc at all...
20 Lei