From: Lei Zhang <zhanglei.april@×××××.com>
To: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
Cc: soc-admins@g.o, gentoo-musl@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-musl] Re: [GSoC] native-clang: daily report 06/29
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2016 01:59:00
1 2016-06-30 23:50 GMT+08:00 Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>:
2 > On 30/06/16 17:40, Lei Zhang wrote:
3 >> I also noticed that gcc's sanitizer doesn't work on the musl based
4 >> system, so is it forgivable to not support clang's sanitizer either?
5 >> (clang's sanitizer is implemented in compiler-rt)
6 >
7 > package mask the useflag for now, it is less important.
8 >
9 > Make sure to open a bug about it on llvm and gcc.
10
11 compiler-rt's sanitizer uses some non-POSIX features like <obstack.h>;
12 I guess gcc's situation is similar. It's not necessarily a bug though.
13
14 Actually compiler-rt uses stuff like "#if __linux__ && !__ANDROID__"
15 to protect code that uses GNU extensions. The fix is simple: replace
16 it with "#ifdef __GLIBC__". But I'm not sure if this fix has unwanted
17 impact on other libc like uclibc. It looks uclibc supports certain GNU
18 extensions that are absent in musl, like <obstack.h>.
21 Lei