From: Samuel Holland <samuel@××××××××.org>
To: James Taylor <james@××××××××××.au>, gentoo-musl@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-musl] Compiling golang (dev-lang/go) against musl-libc
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 20:57:14
1 Hello,
2
3 On 02/21/17 05:31, James Taylor wrote:
4 > I’ve attempted (and consequently failed) to compile go so I can
5 > install mongodb on my gentoo installation.
6 >
7 > This appears to fail because the bootstrapped for go contains a
8 > binary dynamically linked against glibc, which is obviously going to
9 > fail.
10 >
11 > Anyone have suggestions?
12
13 Get dev-lang/go/go-1.4.2.ebuild from the portage git history. That's the
14 last version that does not require bootstrapping. Then move one minor
15 (1.x) version at a time up from there. Simply change GOROOT_BOOTSTRAP in
16 src_compile() to /usr/lib/go. For 1.5, you will need to symlink
17 /usr/bin/go into /usr/lib/go/bin; newer versions do that for you.
18
19 > Regards,
20 > James Taylor
23 Regards,