From: Jens Staal <staal1978@×××××.com>
To: Bjorn Pagen <bjornpagen@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-musl@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-musl] Proposal for official "native clang" support
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2018 15:15:58
1 On Sun, Jan 28, 2018 at 12:45:21PM -0500, Bjorn Pagen wrote:
2 > Dear everyone,
3 > [...]
4 > The biggest reason I propose native clang stages to be hosted by gentoo is
5 > so it can gain more publicity, and attract the attension of more
6 > developers. I really want clang linux to become a reality, but I am only
7 > one guy, and can torture myself over so many bugs.
8 > [...]
9 > --
10 > Thanks a ton,
11 > Bjorn Pageni
12
13 Dear all,
14
15 I would just like to add my +1 to this suggestion. I think it would be awesome
16 if this could become an "official" Gentoo variant release. I am super happy that
17 someone picked up where I left off due to too many obligations in RL.
18
19 A self-hosting clang-based (and musl-based) Gentoo might also be interesting for
20 stress-testing the portage tree perhaps? It would perhaps be interesting as
21 a bug-finding build bot?
22
23 Would this proposal have to hit any other Gentoo MLs to get an "official"
24 blessing?