From: Samuel Holland <samuel@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-musl@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-musl] What to do with patches?
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2016 18:39:01
1 Hello,
2
3 Over the past few months I have set up both a desktop and server system
4 with Gentoo Hardened Musl. In the course of doing so, I have accumulated
5 several patches (41 so far) and a couple of modified ebuilds. What is
6 the recommended thing to do with them? Should I open bugs for the FTBFS?
7 Should I prepare patches for adding to the musl overlay? Or should I
8 first try to get these changes upstream?
9
10 I can upload the patches to GitHub or somewhere (or post them here) if
11 that would be helpful. Some of them are quick patches (that might break
12 glibc, though I can test that); others are more thorough.
13
14 I would like to participate more in the Gentoo Musl and related projects
15 (side note: possibly as a GSoC student), but I am not sure the best way
16 to get involved.
17
18 Also, for packages that I cannot get to compile or run, is it
19 appropriate to file a bug on b.g.o (since musl is experimental)?
22 Regards,
23 Samuel Holland <samuel@××××××××.org>