From: Lei Zhang <zhanglei.april@×××××.com>
To: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-musl@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-musl] [GSoC] _GNU_SOURCE in C++
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 03:36:19
1 2016-06-15 17:36 GMT+08:00 Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>:
2 > On 15/06/16 03:45, Lei Zhang wrote:
3 >> This issue is probably not as simple as I thought. Supposing C++
4 >> header iostream depends on some non-standard functions from stdio.h,
5 >> it may look like:
6 >>
7 >> // iostream
8 >> #define _BSD_SOURCE
9 >> #include <stdio.h>
10 >> #undef _BSD_SOURCE
11 >> ...
12 >>
13 >> But if a user writes some code like:
16 > Makes a mistake.
17 >
18 > You should not mix C headers and C++ headers like that =) There is a
19 > reason why you have <cstdio> and such =)
20 >
21 > The correct visibility macros can be extracted by reading the man pages
22 > for each of those functions.
23 >
24 > Please make the full list of them, once it is known we can discuss where
25 > to put them.
26
27 Attached is what I've got so far.
28
29 Some of them are not documented in man pages, so I checked their
30 declarations in musl's headers. Functions strtold_l, strtoll_l and
31 strtoull_l are not available in musl, but libc++ is smart enough to
32 not use them when linked against musl.
35 Lei

libcxx-nonstd-funcs.txt text/plain