From: Lei Zhang <zhanglei.april@×××××.com>
To: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
Cc: soc-admins@g.o, gentoo-musl@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-musl] Re: [GSoC] native-clang: daily report 07/05
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2016 14:17:46
1 2016-07-06 20:00 GMT+08:00 Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>:
2 > On 06/07/16 12:16, Lei Zhang wrote:
3 >> Unfortunately some features I took for granted are also absent in
4 >> version 3.8, e.g. using libc++ instead of libstdc++ as the default. If
5 >> sticking with 3.8, I'd have to make patches for these features too :(
6 >>
7 >> Is it acceptable to build packages using under-development source?
8 >
9 > Making snapshots is totally fine.
10
11 Ok, I see some scripts taking snapshots and ebuilds referring to
12 "mirror://gentoo/${V}.*". If I get it right, the snapshots are stored
13 on a server; then how do I upload my snapshots to the server?
14
15 OTOH, there're some downstream patches for llvm-3.8. How should I deal
16 with them? They probably can't be directly applied to the trunk
17 version.
20 Lei