From: Lei Zhang <zhanglei.april@×××××.com>
To: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>, soc-admins@g.o, gentoo-musl@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-musl] Re: [GSoC] native-clang: daily report 07/05
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2016 10:17:16
1 2016-07-05 18:24 GMT+08:00 Lei Zhang <zhanglei.april@×××××.com>:
2 > - My previous patches to clang/LLVM which add support for musl are
3 > still in the trunk, and probably available only after version 3.9. In
4 > my ebuilds, should I fetch source from the trunk or instead stick with
5 > version 3.8 and maintain a set of downstream patches?
6
7 Unfortunately some features I took for granted are also absent in
8 version 3.8, e.g. using libc++ instead of libstdc++ as the default. If
9 sticking with 3.8, I'd have to make patches for these features too :(
10
11 Is it acceptable to build packages using under-development source?
12 What about dubbing it 3.8.0-r200 or something?
15 Lei