From: Jens Staal <staal1978@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-musl <gentoo-musl@l.g.o>, llvm@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-musl] Self-hosting Clang-based (libc++, musl libc) stage4
Date: Sun, 07 May 2017 06:06:39
1 Dear all,
2
3 I have made a self-hosting clang-based stage4 that some might want to
4 play with. LLVM/clang (4) are bootstrapped against libc++ and gcc is
5 uninstalled (custom crt{begin,end} from ELLCC, see /usr/local/hack/crt)
6
7 An update from the last version announced on the gentoo-musl list 1st of
8 May is that I now have LLVM-patched linux (4.11) sources in there (already
9 installed and symlinked to /usr/src/linux, default config binaries
10 installed to /boot)
13 The stage4 can be downloaded here:
14 https://mega.nz/#!VrQASApL!F4v7SmS5wkJKBzBigsqptipJYuT94yT3-ObjOWEEG3Y
15
16 sha256sum:
17 6d7d68478ead5c80fa34553cf3fbff2af2916364d1aef0cbdae7147c8761aa81
18
19 stuff that might interest the LLVM project:
20
21 - the whole system is based on libedit
22 - some LLVMlinux patch sources:
23
24 full patch set from llvmlinux project + extras
25 https://github.com/staalmannen/linux/tree/llvmlinux
26
27 minimal patch set
28 https://github.com/ramosian-glider/clang-kernel-build
29
30 the minimal patch set + some fixes against noisy build
31 https://github.com/staalmannen/linux/tree/llvmlinux-fresh
32
33 The linux 4.11 in /usr/local/portage-clang/sys-kernel/llvm-sources
34 is patched against the minimal patch set. For later kernel versions I
35 would most likely go for the llvmlinux-fresh set (alternatively, fixes
36 are upstream in the kernel or in clang-kernel-build).
37 Important note: I did not write any of those patches, just applied them.
38
39 Some thoughts:
40 - it would be really cool if an "official" custom crt package for
41 llvm/clang could be in portage
42 - it would be really cool if llvm-sources could be officially supported
43 since this would mean that clang actually can be (optionally) used as
44 a system compiler with no reliance on gcc (a few years later than freebsd).