From: Lei Zhang <zhanglei.april@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-musl@l.g.o
Cc: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-musl] [GSoC] musl and x32
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2016 03:35:20
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm the GSoC student working on building a clang + musl based toolchain.
4 Previous discussions on this project happened mostly between me and my
5 mentor Luca; but I think bringing them here may attract some constructive
6 thoughts. So, here it goes :)
7
8 Currently I'm considering introducing a new ABI type "musl" into clang, so
9 we can build a native clang targeting "x86_64-linux-musl". But I notice
10 there's also an ABI type specifically for x32, named "gnux32". Then what
11 about musl on a x32 platform? Should I name it "muslx32" or something? I
12 don't know why x86 and x86_64 can live with the same ABI name, while x32
13 can't...
14
15 Thoughts?
18 Lei