From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] [RFC] Bylaws change: allowing Council members to serve as Trustees
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2018 16:33:06
1 On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 11:38 AM Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > The two bodies are supposed to have different agendas. They have
4 > different terms of reference. GLEP 39 for the council,
5 > The NM statutes, Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws for the Foundation.
6
7 The two bodies are "supposed" to do whatever the community wants them
8 to do. Setting them up with differing agendas/constituencies/etc was
9 a mistake, IMO.
10
11 Now, if a majority of people contributing to Gentoo today disagree
12 with me, I'm completely fine with that. However, I feel like a lot of
13 people feel beholden to something that was done in the past. The
14 people who were around back then aren't the ones who have to live
15 day-to-day with the results of this design, and I'm not sure how many
16 of them would even agree with the original design having observed the
17 results.
20 Rich