From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Two matters that the board should consider [one urgent]
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 13:16:00
1 Hi all,
2
3 I'd like to bring two matters to your attention that should be adressed:
4
5 - Ciaran, while currently no developer anymore, is still a member of the
6 foundation. If the foundation wishes to remove his membership, this must be
7 adressed at a meeting of members, where a qualified majority is needed.
8
9 - New elections are comming up soon. In this respect I would like to warn the
10 board that according to the bylaws currently in effect there must be a ten
11 day period between admitting new members and it being possible to have the
12 application approved.
13
14 If these members are going to be eligible for voting new trustees, this must
15 happen 10 days before the voting for new trustees happens.
16
17 Please note that the procedure used last year for getting an initial body of
18 members is no longer applicable, and all new members must be voted upon by
19 majority vote of the existing members.
20
21 Members that are admitted without vote are illegitimate, AND any board of
22 trustees elected by a body including illegitimate members is illegitimate. Do
23 not let that happen, and do things properly.
24
25 Paul
28 Paul de Vrieze
29 Gentoo Developer