From: gibbonsr-ml@××××××××××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] drobbins, leadership, etc.
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 22:02:52
1 That WooHoo feeling seems to be held by most, Honestly at first i was there also.
2
3 But now that I've calmed down, and started reading through everything I do not share the feeling. Do I think Daniel can help? Yes. Should we accept his current offer by Friday? No. Why? Many reasons, some having to do with the fact we just don't know enough. Another one is he is wanted unquestionable control ... which is dangerous to give to anybody, no matter how great the man once was. Would we give JFK or Lincoln complete control of the US, no checks, no balances .. no. (sorry to the non-us citizens for that example, best I could come up with in such sort notice).
4
5 I know Daniel can help, but I also believe anybody who is committed enough can help. Somebody needs to take this personal, and take it as a part-time job and execute on actions, and be held accountable for what they did or didn't do.
6
7 The past is the past, both good and bad. I think if Daniel would sit down with the Foundation, trustee, council and even allow others to join and listen (not speak, but listen) and then hash out a set of guidelines .. then great. But we shouldn't accept him blindly and unconditionally at this point in time. If Daniel doesn't want to sit down and talk this out, then he doesn't need to be back.
8
9 ----- Original Message -----
10 From: "John Alberts" <john.m.alberts@×××××.com>
11 To: "Caleb Cushing" <xenoterracide@×××××.com>
12 Cc: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
13 Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 3:54:00 PM (GMT-0600) America/Chicago
14 Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] drobbins, leadership, etc.
15
16 It might be prudent to back up your claims, conclusions, and suggestion with some type of fact. I'm not saying I disagree or agree with you, but basically, all you said was "WooHoo! Bring back Robbins!"
17
18 John Alberts