From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Question for Trustee Candidates
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2020 02:40:42
1 On Fri, 2020-07-17 at 19:50 -0500, Matthew Thode wrote:
2 > On 20-07-17 21:41:30, Roy Bamford wrote:
3 > > Team,
4 > >
5 > > The responses so far raise a further questions.
6 > >
7 > > The Foundation currently has 74 members, not all of whom can serve as trustees.
8 > > The board consists of 5 members.
9 > >
10 > > It follows that the board must consist of about 7% of the membership.
11 > > I'll go on to suggest that 7% is an unreasonably large proportion of the membership
12 > > required to serve on the board of our own legal entity.
13 > >
14 > > As supporting evidence, I'll cite the lack of competition for seats on the board
15 > > over the last 12 years.
16 > >
17 > > How do the candidates that favour maintaining our own legal entity intend to attract
18 > > a) more members?
19 > > b) members willing and able to serve as trustees?
20 > >
21 > > --
22 > > Regards,
23 > >
24 > > Roy Bamford
25 > > (Neddyseagoon) a member of
26 > > elections
27 > > gentoo-ops
28 > > forum-mods
29 > > arm64
30 >
31 > I would suggest an alternative, we could reduce down to 3 trustees.
34 Are you sure we won't end up with a little low bus factor? Although
35 I do realize there's no real difference between having 3 Trustees
36 and having 3 active Trustees out of 5 (not saying this is right now,
37 just theoretically).
41 Best regards,
42 Michał Górny