From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Article III Meetings of members
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 18:00:39
Just to back up for a moment.

The more I read through this section, multiple passes. It really seems
more like Foundation meetings, than meetings of members. In some places
where it mentions members, foundation could be swapped out. In other
places, foundation added as a modifier to members.

I just don't see when members are ever gathering to meet. Normally it's
the board, or officers who meet. This seems moot, but in subsequent
articles it says membership approval, revocation, etc must be decided on
by a vote of the members. I assume during a meeting.

Which that is horribly slow if nothing else. Not to mention our
voting/election process is not tied to meetings. The only ones who vote
during a meeting are the board members and offices.

Sure technical both board members and officers are foundation members.
But this section is just worded very oddly. I would prefer this article
be called Foundation Meetings, instead of member meetings.

--
William L. Thomson Jr.
amd64/Java/Trustees