From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] [Discussion and vote] Hire CPA for Fiscal 2020 taxes
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2020 04:31:39
1 I drove.On Mon, Jul 20, 2020 at 8:10 PM Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o>
2 wrote:
3
4 > On Mon, 2020-07-20 at 15:33 -0700, Alec Warner wrote:
5 > > In our previous fiscal year we hired a firm to do our taxes for 2019, as
6 > > well as a number of previous years. Are there any concerns with
7 > > retaining this firm for the 2020 tax year?
10 > 1. Are we talking about 'just' the filings or full-scale bookkeeping
11 > this time?
14 This is just the filings for now.
18 > 2. How hard would it be to do it ourselves, given we have previous
19 > filings by the CPA?
22 I don't know anyone who could do them properly. I cannot do them properly
23 for certain. The tax return last year was 14 pages.
24
25 Obviously I could file something; but there are penalties for
26 making mistakes.
30 > 3. Could you get some quotes first?
33 I haven't asked for a price from the CPA yet. Last year we paid 1500$ per
34 tax year (and per 1, this payment was just for taxes.)
37 > --
38 > Best regards,
39 > Michał Górny