From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Software in Public Interest, cont...
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 18:51:13
1 On Sat, 2008-08-16 at 08:30 -0500, Yuri Vasilevski wrote:
4 > I apologise if I did something inappropriate,
5
6 No worries, you did nothing like that. Just don't want to have everyone
7 asking questions to the SPI about Gentoo :) No big deal or anything.
8
9 > > > I was
10 > > > told that the process should be the following, we need to let them
11 > > > know that we would like to join with a specific one person contact
12 > > > address
13 > >
14 > > And that's a hug road block to me. One contact from Gentoo to the SPI.
15 > > That will not work for us.
16 >
17 > Yes, I completely agree with this point, I also sow it as a bit of a
18 > drawback, but I also understand the reasons that made them require one
19 > personal contact from each project.
20
21 I understand their requirements, I just don't believe that aspects works
22 for us. I am not sure how others deal with that. Like a MIA liason and
23 turn over there.
24
25 All in all kinda moot till we decide to go that direction.
28 William L. Thomson Jr.
29 amd64/Java/Trustees
30 Gentoo Foundation